[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS and OpenSIPS-CP

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Fri Nov 13 04:56:17 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Robert Lindabury
<BLindabury at swiftreach.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm having some problems getting opensips-cp fifo working.
>
> OpenSIPS 1.6.0-notls (x86_64/linux)  CentOS 5.4
>
> osipsconsole and opensipsctl fifo commands all work fine.
>
> mi_fifo.so module is loading fine and modparams seem to be as they
> should be:
>
> # ----- mi_fifo params -----
> modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/opensips_fifo")
>
> the var/www/opensips-cp/config/boxes.global.inc.php config entry as
> follows:
>
> // mi host:port pair || fifo_file
> $boxes[$box_id]['mi']['conn']="/tmp/opensips_fifo";
>
> Whenever I try to execute a MI Command in opensips-cp I get:
>
> "sorry -- cannot open write fifo"
>
> I see the file in /tmp and owner/group is root/root with rw perms for
> owner/group.
>
> I tried changing the user/group to apache/apache with the same
> permissions but same result.

Add the apache user to the group that OpenSIPS runs as, then restart
httpd.  In my case this is the "opensips" group, and it works on that
platform.  Just know that apache will be able to write to any file
with group RW permissions and GID of opensips.

-Jonathan