[OpenSIPS-Users] Shared Presence

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Thu Nov 12 13:08:18 CET 2009

Hi Ross,

Ross Beer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to replicate presence between two servers? I have a
> MySQL cluster that replicates all of the tables except location as
> this is handled at SIP level.
>
> The problem I can see is that the active_watches table has a
> 'socket_info' field that stores where the user subscribed which means
> that only the server that received the subscribe sends the updates to
> the client.
The socket_info data is parsed when loaded from database and if no match
with the interfaces that the server is listening on is found, this data
is invalidated. So you should no worry about it.

> To get around this problem with registrations I add a path and then
> forward on the request. I tried this with subscribe messages and this
> worked well, however when a PUA client registers it only updates the
> local database and does not send the t_replicate to the other server.
>
> Is there a way I can get both servers to update for PUA clients?
I don't understand what you mean by PUA clients? You use some features
that require loading the pua module and you worry about the messages
that the server is sending?

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro