[OpenSIPS-Users] Centralized authentication service

Jonathan González jonathan.gsc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 01:57:06 CET 2009

Hi there,

First of all I would like to say that I solved the problem I had with RTP
traffic... it was not routed directly between clients due to the xlite
version I was using (4.0 beta). Once I changed the client version everything
was working properly.

I would like to configure a new scenario: 2 OpenSIPS acting as SIP Proxy and
one acting as SIP registrar. The idea is for example configure a centralized
authentication service for users from different offices.

If a user from one office where the OpenSIPS is configured as SIP proxy
launch his client, that proxy should redirect that REGISTER to the registrar
server. I would like to know what is the appropriate way to configure an
OpenSIPS like this. I have been able to authenticate a user in this scenario
using applying the method set_host_port(ipRegistrar:5060) to all REGISTER
requests that the proxy receives, but then I am unable to call any other
user registered... So I don't know if the registration is right and I have
to modify something for the INVITE method or that's not the way to do it.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

--