[OpenSIPS-Users] Pass calls to another realm via gateway

Alexander goal81 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 07:22:40 CET 2009

2009/11/2 Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>

> El Lunes, 2 de Noviembre de 2009, Alexander escribió:
> > > That's right. However I don't know why a proxy should remove the From
> > > display name. If you are routing the request to a PSTN gateway and you
> > > have UDP size issues then it's ok, but if not...
> >
> >   Yes,  because  of  our gateway. For example, X-Lite inserts name to
> >  "From", if number   presents   in   address  book and we get something
> >  like "From: "person" <sip:xxx at domain.com <sip%3Axxx at domain.com>>". So,
> because of two reasons (we
> >  are not interested in such info,  and UDP size  issue  is  critical)  we
> >  can  chop it (in our case, but for somebody else it may be
> unacceptable).
>
> It makes sense :)
>

> > > I didn't mean that. Instead I meant that your regular expression would
> > > work for the following From headers:
> > >
> > > subst("/^From: \".+\" (<sip: *[a-zA-Z0-9_\.-]+ at .*>)/From: \1/ig");
> > >
> > > a) From: sip:alice at domain.org <sip%3Aalice at domain.org>;tag=qweqwe
> > > b) From:<sip:alice at domain.org <sip%3Aalice at domain.org>>;tag=qweqwe
> > > c) From: <sip:user;aaa=bbb at domain.org>;tag=qweqwe
> > > d) From: <tel:+12345678>;tag=qweqwe
> > >
> > > a) fails because it doesn't use < >.
> >
> >   It's   ok,  it  doesn't contain person's name in quotation marks, which
> >  should stand before "<". Nothing to chop.
>
> Right. My fault.
>

> > > b) fails because there is no space between "From:" and SIP URI.
> >
> >   Almost  as  a) By  the way, our gateway doesn't accept such "From"
> >  headers. It doesn't like "<" and ">" signs, when there is no person
> name.
>
> Doesn't it accept a correct header like "From:
> <sip:alice at domain.org <sip%3Aalice at domain.org>>;tag=qwe"?? It's widely
> even if it doesn't contain
> person name!

  Yes, it doesn't like that. If it sees angle braces and no person name in
quotation marks - oops... :)
  If we get something like:

  From: sip:xxx at domain.com <sip%3Axxx at domain.com>;tag=1111

  - it's ok, but in case of:

  From: <sip:xxx at domain.com <sip%3Axxx at domain.com>>;tag=1111

  - "no way, I can't handle that". Well, after we've figured out that it
can't handle IP fragmentation it's not such a surprise :) Maybe, firmware
update will be available soon, but for now there're some strange things :(