[OpenSIPS-Users] Pass calls to another realm via gateway

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Mon Nov 2 11:00:59 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Viernes, 30 de Octubre de 2009, Alexander escribió:
>> BTW, what do you think about possible performance loss because of TCP? Or
>>  it's neglible?
>
> The problem of SIP TCP in OpenSIPS is not the performance, but the fact that
> each running OpenSIPS process blocks until its TCP transaction in processed.

Alexander: I faced issues with stupid devices unable to handle fragmen-
ted UDP packets several times. TCP would help, however as Iñaki wrote it
also has some drawbacks. I tried to write down some suggestions on how
to solve this issue:

http://thomas.gelf.net/blog/archives/Smaller-SIP-packets-to-avoid-fragmentation,27.html

This is not what a proxy should usually do - but, honestly: who cares if
it helps? I'm doing so on my productional systems (OpenSIPS 1.6), and I
didn't meet any issues so far.

Iñaki, others: I'm pretty curious about your valued opinion on this - as
you definitively have deeper SIP knowledge than I do.

Cheers,
Thomas

 mail: thomas at gelf.net
  web: http://thomas.gelf.net/