[OpenSIPS-Users] Calling engage_media_proxy per branch

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri May 29 14:59:32 CEST 2009

2009/5/29 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:

>> b) A is calling B, both with public IP. B issues a conditional
>>    call forward (30x) to C, with C being behind NAT. As far as
>>    I understood the module there is no way to "engage" Mediaproxy
>>    in this scenario.
>
> It depends on what you do. If you process the redirect in the proxy's failure
> routes, then indeed you have a problem. If you just relay the 30x to the phone
> and let it do the redirection, that it will generate a new INVITE which you
> handle the normal way as it generates a new dialog. In fact this would be
> recommended, as the caller should be the one deciding if he accepts the
> redirect, not the proxy.

Unfortunatelly most of the phones (at least what I know) don't ask
permission to the "human" user to accept or reject a 3XX. Twinkle does
it :)

>> - is it planned to change engage_media_proxy to make it "branch-
>>   aware"?
>
> It cannot be called in a branch route as engage_media_proxy must be called
> before the transaction/dialog is created. As far as I understand the branch
> routes are called by t_relay after creating the transaction/dialog.

I think that the origin of this limitation is the fact that the
"dialog" module doesn't allow more than one dialog per request. When
parallel forking takes places (various early-dialogs) "dialog" module
shows just one.
With this limitation it's not possible that other module/features
relying on "dialog" module can work independently for each branch.

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>