[OpenSIPS-Users] Faking invite with sdp if invite comes without sdp

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri May 29 08:32:00 CEST 2009

2009/5/29 Uwe Kastens <kiste at kiste.org>:
> Hello,
>
> I have two units unable to communicate. Unit A sends an Invite without
> SDP, Unit B drops the call, because there is no sdp in the Invite.

An INVITE with no SDP offer is 100% valid. Then the SDP offer should
take place in the 200 Ok from the callee and the SDP response in the
ACK.

> Somehow I was wondering if its possible to fake a kind of initial SDP?

That wouldn't work at all !!
The UAC sending the INVITE (without SDP) has no port open ready to receive RTP !

> If not I have to but an asterisk in the middle.

Or change your broken UA.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>