[OpenSIPS-Users] Integration with Asterisk/Trixbox

John Quick John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk
Fri May 22 10:53:26 CEST 2009

James

The default behaviour for Asterisk is to send re-invites to the connected parties that will re-direct
the RTP stream to go directly between the end-points instead of going through Asterisk.

In theory the option "canreinvite=no" should prevent this happening, but I have never found it works.
Instead, the trick that always works for me is to add an option to the Dial command that tells
Asterisk to look for DTMF during the call. Suitable options include "t", T", "h", "H", "w", "W" or
"L". Check for details here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial

...and this means it is really a question related to Asterisk and not OpenSIPS.

John Quick
Systems Consultant
Smartvox Limited