[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancing implementation case.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Mar 25 19:19:06 CET 2009

Hi Grygoriy,

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:
> Hello everyone, i am so exited that opensips 1.5 is released, we are
> using 1.4 and dispatch module here with the great success and no
> stability problems at all!
> We have 5 call centres where opensips dispatch call to 5 queues,
> around 4000 calls/day, this number will grow to 20 000/ day. My
> problem is to dispatch them accordingly to a number of agents
> connected, i did that by multiplying entries in dispatcher.file, but i
> would like to do it dynamically, this is the point where load
> balancing module can be used. But i am not sure if it is possible. Let
> me explain what i want:
>
> All call's are coming in from unique number, and i dont need opensips
> do anything but dispatch calls.
>
> incoming calls >>opensips >>Call center 1-n (trixbox pro)
>
> Now i would like to pass information from trixbox pro to opensips
> about the number of agents connected and "In use"
>
> for exampe server 1 => 30 agents
> server 2 => 25 agents
> ect
So this number of agents is actually the capacity of each CC? like how
many simultaneous calls the CC can handle.

> Is there any way to set it as i want ? Lets suppose i am able to
> obtain the number of agents and to get that information to the
> opensips server, how do reset the number of pstn ?
> Also i would like to load balance with round robin so the sites with
> 10 agents still get the calls, even if we have another server  with 25
> agents and 10 of them are on communication, so it would be 15 free pstn.
> Is it possible ?
Have you looked at the load_balancer module ?
(http://www.opensips.org/pmwiki.php?n=Resources.DocsTutLoadbalancing)

you can define the size of each CC in the DB and also change it at
runtime (see the MI commands)

If you need some help on this, please let me know.