[OpenSIPS-Users] Load Balancer Module & Failover.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 23 15:36:29 CET 2009

Hi Alan,

When you LB, the ordering between peers is something temporary - it
changes according to the load on the servers. So, here is a different
approach - instead of compiling a list in the first place and keep
checking one by one the elements from the list (as in dispatcher), with
LB you simply (in case of failure) do LB again to get the new less
loaded peer (at failure time, the order dictated by load is a new one).

To avoid hiting the same peer again, indeed, there is a need for
mechanism, but different than the one in Drouting/LCR.  In LB, we can
use a mask to mark the already tried GWs and to avoid their selection again.

I will add this on the TODO list for the module.