[OpenSIPS-Users] [asterisk-users] OpenSIPS on CentOS

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Mar 20 18:12:25 CET 2009

Hi Darrin, Hi Marc,

Darrin, with an OpenSIPS frontend you can do more things actually:
1) move the HA in OpenSIPS - it will be able to re-route if one of the
Asterisk boxs is down
2) do LB - you can use in parallel multiple Asterisk boxes and to
balance the traffic between
3) you can terminate TLS (from client) and convert to UDP to deliver to
Asterisk.

Marc, Darrin has a point here - if you want to give a quick try to
something, it is nice to be able to install it easily.

We already have an APT (for debian) repo up and running (still beta). We
could do the same for RPMs or, in the worst case, to generate the
packages for download.
Also, there are some RPMs (for suse) - see
http://www.opensips.org/index.php?n=Resources.Downloads