[OpenSIPS-Users] segmentation fault when calling pkg_malloc

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Mar 18 01:12:20 CET 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009, Vasil Kolev wrote:
> Another question is, is there a bug at all, e.g. are there any
> definitive reports? All the memory corruption problems I've seen can be

If you can count the fact that opensips 1.4.x was crashing on me every
couple of days until I switched to the system malloc, after which I've
never seen them again, then yes I think there are reports. Also consider
the report of the thread initiator (which may or may not be the same
thing, since he mentions he uses a custom module developend in house,
which may have its own problems), but it looks suspiciously similar.

> attributed either to bugs I've introduced or the issues with the
> non-null terminated BLOBs from Postgres and the zero-length results
> (again from postgres).

I never used postgres. Besides the segfaults were triggered in the most
unexpected places, doing the simplest of things that never involved any
database access (like during a stateless 401 reply to a REGISTER).

--
Dan