[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool - Handling premium numbers

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Mar 13 11:30:39 CET 2009

On Mar 13, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Dan-Cristian Bogos wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I was wondering what are the solutions from the experts perspective of
> rating premium numbers, maybe tricks around the problem.
> I know that in many countries (eg: Holland), there are more than 2
> millions special premium numbers which should be in theory updated at
> least once per day

In practice in holland you have less then 15K 0900 numbers with
different prices. Many 0900 ranges share the same price.

> out of external sources like csv files and rated in
> cdrs.

With 8 million different rates doing thousands of simultaneous prepaid
calls the system load for the rating engine under such traffic is less
then 3% so you most probably can handle the load.

> * Is there any prefix length limitation in CDRTool for destinations?

No

> * Is CDRTool able to handle them, or do I need an external rating
> process. What would be best way to handle them from the point of
> view of
> speed (eg: prepaid)?

Yes

> Would a separate CDRTool instance just for them
> make it?

Yes

Regards,
Adrian