[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool - Handling premium numbers

Dan-Cristian Bogos danb at sms4sip.com
Fri Mar 13 11:22:37 CET 2009

Folks,

I was wondering what are the solutions from the experts perspective of
rating premium numbers, maybe tricks around the problem.
I know that in many countries (eg: Holland), there are more than 2
millions special premium numbers which should be in theory updated at
least once per day out of external sources like csv files and rated in
cdrs.

* Is there any prefix length limitation in CDRTool for destinations?
* Is CDRTool able to handle them, or do I need an external rating
process. What would be best way to handle them from the point of view of
speed (eg: prepaid)? Would a separate CDRTool instance just for them
make it?
* If the rating should be done in another software, what would be the
best way to identify them in OpenSIPS and create such cdrs to be ignored
by CDRTool when rating normal destinations?

Thanks in advance for any kind of tip!

Cheers,
DanB