[OpenSIPS-Users] remove_hf() doesn't always work

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Mar 9 16:00:27 CET 2009

Hi Jeff,

There is no way around the branch_route[] because you wan to perform
per-branch changes - to have different RPID/PAI for each branch.

As Richard said, whatever changes you do in request route (route[0]),
they will be visible in all later branches, so you should not add an
RPID/PAI there.

the logic should be something like:

route[0] {
    remove_all_pai_hdrs;
    remove_all_rpid_hdrs;
    set_first_destination;
    prepare_new_identity_for_first_destination(rpid or pai);
    t_on_branch[1];
    t_relay();
}

t_on_branch[1] {
    append_hf("rpid/pai with the identity\n")
}

t_on_failure {
    choose_next_destination;
    prepare_new_identity_for_nexr_destination(rpid or pai);
    t_on_branch[1];
    t_relay();
}

you can pass the identity to branch route via an AVP for example.