[OpenSIPS-Users] Can't run "osipsconsole": Can't locate String.pm in @INC

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Fri Mar 6 12:33:28 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
> Hi, does somebody know which Debian Etch package contains "String.pm" library?
> I assume it's a core library and found in the available lib*-perl deb
> packages with no success.

As even in Debian Lenny there is still no libstring-perl, and as many
Debian users probably don't really like to install modules the CPAN
way, here how to achieve the desired effect following "the Debian way":

> apt-get install dh-make-perl

Usually running

> dh-make-perl --build --cpan String

should be enough, but it doesn't work in this case (there must some-
thing be wrong with String on CPAN). So please try as follows:

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/S/SH/SHERZODR/String-1.5.tar.gz
> tar xfz String-1.5.tar.gz
> dh-make-perl String-1.5/
> cd String-1.5

Make files in the newly created debian folder fit your needs (if
required) and build the package using dpkg-buildpackage, debuild
or whatever you prefer.

> cd ..

Here is your new libstring-perl_1.5-1_all.deb :-) One last note: I'm
usually not building packages on my live systems but elsewhere. This
way I keep productional systems slim and "clean".

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf