[OpenSIPS-Users] Feature request: Loop detection

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Jun 25 09:39:30 CEST 2009

Hey All,I was wanting to submit a feature request for loop
detection. Specifically NOT SIP loop detection, but when another technology
/ B2BUA is involved where max-forwards can't be used. This is for big
loops.

The idea is similar to the pike module. However, you bascically look at the
to_did and the source IP and if you see more than X calls in Y period, begin
to reject them for Z seconds.

Simple enough. This has come up a dozen times for me and for now I have to
handle it with kludge of memcache, and perl scripts to detect these issues
in my cdr.

The loops are a bit nuts and are always the results of someone doing
something stupid (but hey, it does happen). The loops are like, my customer
sends me a call to one of thier own DIDs (they've misrouted it to me) and I
send it to my carrier, who sends it to the pstn, back to my customer, back
to me, etc.. There may be a ss7 portion in there so it keeps looking like a
new call on the SIP side.

So without anything, this can clog up my call paths pretty quickly, the
proposed feature would blacklist the source_ip to_did combination for a
period of time to kill the loop.

Thoughts?
-Brett