[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool and diverted calls

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Jun 24 13:12:33 CEST 2009

Carlo,

I am not entirely sure if this relates to 30X coming from downstream
end-point or is the SIP Proxy that generates the 302 as a result of
call control preferences set by called party.

In the first case one idea to could be to find the diverted calls by
running a script over the CDR database and update the duration field
of the CDRs that have closed with 30X cause though I am not sure how
you can correlate them unless the SIP Proxy performs the whole trick
and intercepts the 30X and act upon it. The major issue however is
that if a Proxy intercepts redirect it cannot blindly fork to the new
contact that might costs more money while me as caller I have no clue
about that and I have to pay for the call.

What you try to do is not entirely logical (except of course for
earning more money from the same call), from the signaling and media
perspective is a single call, not two. Is a way to abuse the calling
party that will pay for calls it did not initiate.

In the second case you should simply not use 302 for call diversion
within your own Proxy, simply fork the call to the destination but you
end up with one CDR again. This is easy to locate in the CDR database
and generate a new sister record for it post factum.

Adrian