[OpenSIPS-Users] update location table on REGISTER request

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 12:38:53 CEST 2009

Hi All,I had a requirement of allowing only one registration per user in a
particular scenario. I did not want to use the max_contacts parameter of
registrar module as it wont work right !!! The drawback was:
If device A had registered successfully and for some reason got disconnected
from the internet, the device won't unregister itself. Opensips still has
the record in the location table for that device, now if the internet comes
back and when the device tries to register again, opensips will not allow
since it already has the record in the location.
The device will have to wait until the earlier registration expires in the
opensips.
The idea was to have a way of updating the location table if same user is
trying to REGISTER from same location or different location. Meaning if user
A is registered from location A and someone else using same credentials of
user A tries to register from location B, the location table should only
update the earlier record to location B and not keep location A and location
B both for user A.

Is there a way to do this. Any help will be highly appreciiated.

Thanks in advance.

--- Jay