[OpenSIPS-Users] LDAP Authentication

Alan Rubin Alan.Rubin at nt.gov.au
Mon Jun 15 06:46:16 CEST 2009

Thiago,

Thanks for the reply; however, the module documentation does not seem to
give examples on how to configure LDAP with the auth mechanism.  Or is
that not necessary?

This is the section from the tutorial I found, mentioned previously:

modparam("auth", "username_spec", "$avp(s:username)")
modparam("auth", "password_spec", "$avp(s:password)")
modparam("auth", "calculate_ha1", 1)

The possible difference (typo?) that concerns me is this next reference
in the tutorial:

route[11] {
    if(is_method("REGISTER"))
    {
        if(is_present_hf("Authorization"))
        {
            # ldap search
            if
(!ldap_search("ldap://sipaccounts/ou=sip,dc=example,dc=com?SIPUserName,S
IPPassword?one?(cn=$fU)"))
            {
                switch ($retcode)
                {

I have no "route[11]" in my configuration file.  Am I meant to create a
new route section to handle LDAP authentication?

What I am trying to do, if it is not clear, is use LDAP as a mechanism
for authentication/registration of SIP accounts rather than having to
configure, by hand and with a separate password, a SIP account for each
user of my SIP server.

Regards,

Alan