[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy: No Media and call ends with error

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Mon Jun 8 16:59:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 06 Jun 2009, at 08:33, Shehzad wrote:

> Hello,
> I have installed Opensips and Mediaproxy on Debian Linux 5.0.
> All the configuration for Opensips and Mediaproxy is taken from
> existing
> working configuration of other system.
>
> According to Opensips configuration I can register local users and
> can make
> calls locally. (Means Opensips Signaling works)
> But while testing properly I found that there is no media on both
> sides
> (Caller and Callee).
>
> Thus I checked logs of media-relay.
> When making test call, I found error in media-relay as below:
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line
> 36, in
> callWithContext
>    return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",
> line
> 59, in callWithContext
>    return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args,
> **kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",
> line
> 37, in callWithContext
>    return func(*args,**kw)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/
> epollreactor.py",
> line 231, in _doReadOrWrite
>    why = selectable.doRead()
> --- <exception caught here> ---
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/internet/udp.py",
> line 126,
> in doRead
>    self.protocol.datagramReceived(data, addr)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
> line
> 121, in datagramReceived
>    self.cb_func(host, port, data)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
> line
> 199, in got_data
>    self.substream.check_create_conntrack()
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mediaproxy/mediacontrol.py",
> line
> 249, in check_create_conntrack
>    self.forwarding_rule =
> _conntrack.ForwardingRule(self.caller.remote,
> self.caller.local, self.callee.remote, self.callee.local,
> self.stream.session.mark)
> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: No such file or
> directory
>

> What should be the cause and resolution for this error and no media?
> Is
> there anything missing in Mediaproxy?
>
> Thanks for any support.
>
> -
> Shehzad

This is could be caused by a number of things:
- A rule cannot be inserted into the "PREROUTING" chain of the
iptables "raw" table
- The "NOTRACK" iptables target is not found
- Connection tracking rule manipulation does not work

The first two are easily test by adding a dummy iptables rule, such as
"iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 1.2.3.4 -j NOTRACK". Try to see if
this works. If it does, perhaps some modules are automatically
installed by doing this, so after this you would be able to use
mediaproxy (maybe you forgot "modprobe ip_tables" that is normally
performed by the init script?).

Conntrack manipulation is a bit harder to check, but you can at least
see if you can read connection tracking entries by installing the
conntrack tool and doing "conntrack -L".

Please let me know what the results of these tests are.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects