[OpenSIPS-Users] Off route server CDR recording

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed Jun 3 19:39:04 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 19:51:09 Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Martes, 2 de Junio de 2009, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana escribió:
> > That's imposible to do, not only because it will be a very poorly
> > accurate accounting but also because the ACC module does not "account"
> > based on the initial INVITE message but on the reply (positive or
> > negative) or on the timeout (so no reply).
>
> I understand now what you mean, but it's not totally correct:
>
> ACC module provides script functions to generate accounting (log, db,
> radius. diameter) when processing the request:
>
> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/acc.html#id2507007
>
> Regards.

I have not checked the source Iñaki, but I feal that it generates the the ACC
records on reply or when the tm timer fires the sip-timeout, because there
are no other way of getting the sip_code column filled if it is done JUST
when the INVITE arrives.

If ...

UAC1      <->  P1                 <-> UAC2
INV          >  setflag(ACC)    >

And just when the INV arrives at P1 it generates the ACC record, that leave
you on a situation that you will need 2 ACC ops to get the correct ACC
record, one for writting down the INV ACC record, and other one when the
reply (or the timeout) comes back, so you could update the INV ACC record for
filling the sip_reason field.

I repeat .. I have not checked the source code, but for me the ACC record is
better generated when you have the reply or timeout for the INV request, this
is why the original poster does not get any ACC record on his DB, because it
only t_replicate the INVITE and the BYE, so it will never get the replies,
because he is not getting into the SIP-Path.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual