[OpenSIPS-Users] Prefix and "To:" header field

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Jul 29 18:15:09 CEST 2009

For what it's worth...I've ran across tons of providers that don't like the
To URI not matching the R-URI. And yes, it's ridiculous and it means they
don't have a clue what they are doing.

You can use an actual B2BUA (sippy for example) to get around these
restrictions if you can't otherwise make them route things properly. I
wonder if the B2BUA module thats been discussed will accommodate this need.
Rather than dismiss the broken carrier and saying to leave them, I'd like to
find a way to address this issue.

Of course, that simply enables carriers to continue to operate their broken
switches without fixing them.. So I'm not sure what's better. ;)
-Brett