[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrade version problems in a production system (mediaproxy)

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Mon Jul 27 11:12:42 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 09:54:42 Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/7/27 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:
> > The software we are talking about, is natively developed, tested and
> > deployed on unstable distribution.
>
> On *which* unstable distribution? on yesterday version? or on a
> version of a week/month ago?

That's the problem of "ustable" ... today unstable maybe not the same as this
afternoon unstable ... an so on.

> I've found a bug in libdbd-mysql-perl package which creates apache
> coredumps [*]. Perhaps OpenXCAP runs Ok in that *exact* Debian
> unstable version, but people also requiring apache and mod_perl would
> have a critical problem.
>
> [*] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=520406

There are other relevant bugs open.

> Sincerelly, is really to hard to build AG python packages to work on
> Debian Stable? (Lenny is not so old, is it?).

No ... just dpkg-buildpackage and go on ..., Lenny it's a month old, no more.

> For example: I have OpenXCAP 0.10 running on Lenny and the only I
> needed to install is the python-application (AG package) version
> 1.1.1-1 since Lenny version is too old (1.0.9-4). Just it. For sure I
> prefer to do that instead of upgrading my system to Debian unstable
> and leave other applications running with critical bugs.

Most, if not all AG app's could be used on Lenny or Sid with only updating
python-application.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual