[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrade version problems in a production system (mediaproxy)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jul 27 10:54:42 CEST 2009

2009/7/27 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:

> The software we are talking about, is natively developed, tested and
> deployed on unstable distribution.

On *which* unstable distribution? on yesterday version? or on a
version of a week/month ago?

I just cannot agree.

For example: doing a fast search here:
  http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/testing.html

I've found a bug in libdbd-mysql-perl package which creates apache
coredumps [*]. Perhaps OpenXCAP runs Ok in that *exact* Debian
unstable version, but people also requiring apache and mod_perl would
have a critical problem.

[*] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=520406

Sincerelly, is really to hard to build AG python packages to work on
Debian Stable? (Lenny is not so old, is it?).
For example: I have OpenXCAP 0.10 running on Lenny and the only I
needed to install is the python-application (AG package) version
1.1.1-1 since Lenny version is too old (1.0.9-4). Just it. For sure I
prefer to do that instead of upgrading my system to Debian unstable
and leave other applications running with critical bugs.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>