[OpenSIPS-Users] Upgrade version problems in a production system (mediaproxy)

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Jul 24 17:49:40 CEST 2009

Carlo,

We use only Debian development branch both for the development of our
software and for our deployments. If you use Debian unstable you are
the safest as we are testing and using our packages only this
environment.

While the name 'stable' brings some confidence for the inexperienced,
in practice when it comes to bleeding edge developments like we do,
the stable version can become obsolete fast and you could be stuck by
running it because of the dependencies that do not make it to the
stable branch as soon as we develop our software. When things do not
work you will hear the same story "your distribution is too old" to
run this software.

So the most stable distribution is unstable.

Adrian