[OpenSIPS-Users] CallControl - CDRTool : MySQL server has gone away (2006)

Yves Premel-Cabic yves.premel-cabic at telecom-sudparis.eu
Fri Jul 24 14:32:51 CEST 2009

Hello,

I've already created a ticket related to this problem on the CDRTool
website, but I guess more people will read it on this list!

i'm running CDRTool 6.8.1 and CallControl 2.0.4. I'm still testing a
future prod. install, but i'm having a problem.

When I start the servers, everything is working fine. CallControl
<http://cdrtool.ag-projects.com/wiki/CallControl> successfuly stops
calls, user's balances are correctly handled... But when I go sleeping,
and then tries again without restarting the server (no one is using the
server during the night), CallControl via Opensips returns 500 Internal
Server Error. /var/log/syslog says :

cdrtool[14709]: Database error for select * from prepaid where account =
'ypremel at domail.net': MySQL server has gone away (2006)

I've seen there are 3 reason for this error (
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-43505.html ) but the
most logical error should be the one due to the wait_timeout parameter.
But I don't understand, changelog says that this problem has been fixed
since the 6.5.1 release...

What can I do? Am I doing something wrong? Should I increase
wait_timeout param in mysql? ( I'd like to fix this in CDRTool :
Opensips Mysql connection is always ok), same thing for freeradius...)

Thanks in advance!