[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy stops relaying packets

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu Jul 23 21:47:41 CEST 2009

Hi Ruud,

I still need to run the tests you've asked for.  Time hasn't allowed yet.

I can tell you it works with some PSTN gateways, but others give the
symptoms described here.  All PSTN gateways are "off-net", that is, beyond
the default gateway.  I can tell you eth0 of the box is for data /
management, while eth1 is for the voice activities.  They have IPs on
different networks.  Mediaproxy-relay is bound to the IP of eth1.  There are
route tables that set the next-hop of the packet based on the source
address, which the relay doesn't seem to honor for some reason.  It's not a
big deal if it leaves the wrong interface, unless it causes
less-than-obvious problems.

Results to follow...

- Jeff