[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy stops relaying packets

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Jul 21 21:09:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

No reinvites.  No Asterisk.  Just Opensips 1.5.1 on sparc, Mediaproxy 2.3.4,
and endpoints.

Here is the flow.

         User Endpoint

    User Proxy (with Mediaproxy)

   Carrier Proxy (signaling only)

          PSTN Gateway

There is no NAT.  For this test, Mediaproxy is engaged on all calls at the
User Proxy.  The User Endpoint sends an INVITE to his User Proxy, who
authenticates the call and sends it to the Carrier Proxy for termination.

There are several gateways the carrier proxy can choose to use to terminate
the call.  I've found that at least 2 work properly in this configuration,
and at least 1 does not.  I've attached traces for a call through the one
that does not.

It seems that at some point early in the call the relay decides to stop
relaying.  I don't see what's causing it.  This is visible in the
relay6.packets file.  The last packet the relay sends is at timestamp
14:49:44.694363 about 30 packets in.  This seems to correlate with the
arrival of the first packet from the User IP.

Mediaproxy Relay is configured to use ports 16384:32768, and iptables is
configured to match on the interface the relay uses for RTP.

Any thoughts on what might cause this?

Thanks,
Jeff