[OpenSIPS-Users] RTPProxy recording problem

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 21 12:54:55 CEST 2009

DangVinh Nguyen wrote:

>  From my old experience, 100 calls recording per  server is a good result.
>
> This stuff is hdd-bounded, not cpu-bounded. With only 02 hdd your server
> is handicapped

Possible solution:

Get a server with a very large amount of RAM (say, 64 - 128 GB).  Create
a ramdisk and have recordings placed there.  Then copy them off to
another server at some interval for the purpose of re-encoding and/or
long-term storage.

I'd be curious to see how that performs.  Obviously, RAM is a barrier.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems