[OpenSIPS-Users] Help with implementing presence

Srikanth Rajagopalan srikanth_r17 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 18 02:08:48 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,

I need some help here.

I had an opensips server without presence enabled and wanted to enable it. I did the following changes

1) Uncomment the 2 presence related loadmodules
2) Uncomment the modparam lines related to presence and changed the server ip there.
3) From the makefile removed all presence related modules from the exclude_module line
4) While running make included all these modules along with mysql

I tried sending subscrive messages. It worked and then for publish I got 503/service unauthorized. The database tables remained empty.

Then I tried with a server where I hadn't made these changes and found that the same things happened there also.

Now I realize I haven't enabled presence at all. Please tell me how to enable it.

Thanks,
Srikanth Rajagopalan

PS: I sent an earlier mail thinking that I had enabled presence please disregard them now.

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/