[OpenSIPS-Users] XCAP table is just queried the first time

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Jul 14 12:20:46 CEST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Viernes, 10 de Julio de 2009, Anca Vamanu escribió:
>

>>> I think that it's supposed to work with OpenXCAp using "OpenSIPS"
>>> backend, so OpenXCAP will notify OpenSIPS (via opensips-mi-proxy)
>>> about XCAP updates, so the presence module will read them in order to
>>> generate nupdated notifications.
>>>
>>> Unfortunatelly I cannot get "OpenSIPS" backend working in OpenXCAP :(
>>>   http://openxcap.org/ticket/99
>>>
>> Yes, you are right. This is the reason why the table is queried only the
>> first time. It is assumed that OpenXCAP will announce it when a change
>> occurs.
>>

> Hi Anca, imagine that OpenSIPS crashes or is properly restarted, but a XCAP
> update is done during the meanwhile so OpenXCAP cannot send the MI command.
> In this case, the XCAP update would never be visible by the presence agent.
>
> I think it's a too weak behaviour.
>
> If the MI command fail (cannot connect to OpenSIPS MI interface) will OpenXCAP
> try again later? what about if opensips-mi-proxy is being used?

Hi Inaki,

You are right. This scenarios won't work. For the first I would
reevaluate the subscription statuses at startup. For the second case
where you assume that the  MI command might fail, there is no nice
solution, but it would not change to querying the XCAP table each time a
subscribe is received for this, because the whole purpose for the MI
command was to avoid querying the table each time. Anyhow If observing
that the opensips-mi-proxy did not function correctly for a period of
time, the watchers table can be purged, and the authorizations will be
reevaluated at the receipt of an initial SUBSCRIBE.

regards,
Anca