[OpenSIPS-Users] Is opensips a front end to asterisk?

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Jul 9 19:53:19 CEST 2009

I know this may sound like a pretty lame answer, but you'll get a lot of
benefit from reading the definition of a SIP PROXY from RFC3261.
You can't do much with OpenSIPS (properly) if you dont' know the underlying
RFC. This is very different from other SIP software packages, like Asterisk
where you pretty much can't break RFC compliance on purpose (hah, it may
just already be broken)..

-Brett