[OpenSIPS-Users] how to handle "300 Multiple Choices"

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Jul 9 13:32:40 CEST 2009

Hi Zahid,

Zahid Mehmood wrote:
> Hi,
>    I need some guidence in handling a "300 Multiple Choices" from my
> media gateway (Cisco).
>
> The scenario is as follows:
>

> 1. phone1 --> media gateway --> opensips proxy --> phone2 (answered)
>
> phone2 needs to transfer the call to  phone3
>
> 2. phone2 --> opensips --> media gateway --> phone3 (answered)
>
> phone2 attempts to complete the transfer.
>
> 3. phone2 -- (invite with replaces hrd) --> opensips --> media gateway
>
> 4. Media gateway -- (300 multiple choice) -- opensips --> phone2
>
> Phone2 just acks that message and thats the end of it.
>

> I have three questions:
>
> 1. what would the best approach to handle this scenario?
>    One way, I think, is for opensips to act on the "300" message and
> initiate a new invite.  Is there a better / preferred way of dealing
> with this?

that will be the best choice as you do not depend on the client
capabilities - everything is in your control . So see the uac_redirect
module (http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac_redirect.html).
> 2. What would be the best way to capture the information for multi-leg
> accounting.

the uac_redirect module can log extra info regarding this redirect (see
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.5.x/uac_redirect.html#id228182)
> 3. Should media gateway be acting differently instead of sending a "300"
> message?

To be honest I'm not sure (haven't came cross) about how the replace
stuff works :D.