[OpenSIPS-Users] Xlite+Opensips

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Mon Jul 6 15:32:13 CEST 2009

I think you are having a fundamental problem with this. I'm not sure how
you'll actually be able to configure opensips if you can't get past this
part.
127.0.0.1 is a special loopback address. It's not really used for
INTERmachine communications. Therefore, if you want to watch packets on the
loopback address, you'll need to watch on the loopback interface instead of
your ethernet interfaces.

However, I'm willing to bet that running xlite on the same machine as
opensips is and doing the whole thing on the loopback interface is NOT what
you want to be doing. A proxy that can't talk to anything isn't very useful.
But then again, I don't know what you are doing with it. ;)
-Brett