[OpenSIPS-Users] Is opensips a front end to asterisk?

John Quick John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 16:54:51 CEST 2009

> Everything would be behind firewalls but the users phones would be on the public side, behind their
> own firewalls of course. So all servers would likely be NATed.

I recommend that you don't try to run OpenSIPS on a NAT'd server. I tried recently and have been
regretting it ever since. It is not designed to be behind NAT, although it is great for handling UA's
that are.

Also I would use OpenSIPS as the registrar/location server, not Asterisk.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited