[OpenSIPS-Users] Lost of peers after a logrotate

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 3 13:12:17 CEST 2009

Hi Marc,

Marc LEURENT wrote:
> Hello Bogdan, thank you for your answer, and yes it's about
> registrations, I have a graph of registered peers and during the
> logrotate I loose peers each time.
> I have set a 'nice 19' to the logrotate but I keep loosing peers
> during the logrotate (during logrotate, the server load is about 1.00)
Strange....maybe because of the load, opensips as application does not
get enough CPU time to process the receive REGISTERs.....
or....do you do a lot of logging ? maybe opensips hangs (blocks) trying
to log something while the syslog daemon is doing the rotate. You can
check this by setting debug level to -10 (see the
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreMi15#toc2) to stop any kind of
loging - then try the log rotate.

> Today, I have removed the copytruncate option which increased the load
> compared to the default move file + create a new one, and I don't
> loose peers anymore, but it is quite strange!
>
> About the cached mem, it the one you get with a free -m command
> This cached mem is freed after the logrotate at the same time I loose
> registated users. That's why I was asking which type of data is stored
> in cached mem by OpenSIPs
Strange because opensips (directly) does not use dynamic mem from the
system....maybe the buffering you see is the pending logging to syslog.