No subject

Thu Jan 29 11:41:19 CET 2009

 to)<br>2.=A0 Bunch of stuff on NAPTR (which we are not doing)<br>3.=A0 The=
PTR records are found, the client constructs SRV queries for<br>
   those transport protocols it supports, and does a query for each.<br>   =
Queries are done using the service identifier &quot;_sip&quot; for SIP URIs=
 and<br>   &quot;_sips&quot; for SIPS URIs.  A particular transport is supp=
orted if the<br>
   query is successful.  The client MAY use any transport protocol it<br>  =
 desires which is supported by the server.<br><br>      This is a change fr=
om RFC 2543.  It specified that a client would<br>      lookup SRV records =
for all transports it supported, and merge the<br>
      priority values across those records.  Then, it would choose the<br> =
     most preferred record.<br><br>   If no SRV records are found, the clie=
nt SHOULD use TCP for a SIPS<br>   URI, and UDP for a SIP URI.  However, an=
other transport protocol,<br>
   such as TCP, MAY be used if the guidelines of SIP mandate it for this<br=
>   particular request.  That is the case, for example, for requests that<b=
r>   exceed the path MTU.<br>-----clip-----<br>
ikes, and if no DNS SRV is found, then it would default to using UDP first =
for SIP.=A0 But in our set, DNS SRV does exist, and there are both TCP and =
UDP records.=A0 We would like to decide the default transport order to use,=
 starting with TLS then TCP then UDP.=A0 I think I can try to write somethi=
ng in the script to do this, but I&#39;m not sure yet.=A0 I don&#39;t want =
to rewrite the RURI, I just want to specify the transport.=A0 It would be g=
reat if there was a global variable defined in the config that was somethin=
g like &quot;transport_order=3DTLS,TCP,UDP&quot;<br>

--000e0cd482c425dc020484350cb0--