[OpenSIPS-Users] How to put mediarelay on a machine other than opensips

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 27 16:51:52 CET 2009

On 27 Jan 2009, at 15:10, mmarzuola at interfree.it wrote:

> Hi.
> I am making only tests and for now I do not have a public address
> for mediaproxy and the real time, for now, is not important.
> I am only interested in positioning the proxy sip in a certain
> domain and a rtp traffic in another.
> The mediaproxy version that I'm using is 2.3.1.
>

> On 27 Jan 2009, at 12:47, mmarzuola at interfree.it wrote:
>

>> Hi all.
>> I have two virtual machines.
>> In the first I installed opensips and mediaproxy (both the
>> dispatcher that the relay). Now I will try to move the media relay
>> in the other virtual machine.
>> In the latter, I should install only the media relay or all the
>> mediaproxy?
>> What it needs to modify in two mediaproxy configuration files?
>> As regards the tls communication between the dispatcher and the
>> relay, can I use the certificate provided as example?
>>
>> This is the scenario:
>>
>> Virtual machine 1                           Virtual machine 2
>> __________                                  ____________
>> | opensips |              TLS               |            |
>> |    +     |    <======================>    |   relay    |
>> |dispatcher|                                |____________|
>> |__________|                                 10.10.45.168
>> 10.10.45.158
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Marzuola Matteo.
>
>> A few remarks before I can even answer your questions:
>> - Don't run mediaproxy on a virtual machine, as it is not suited to
>> handling realtime traffic
>> - Why are you running mediaproxy on a machine with a private IP?
>> - Which version of media proxy are you talking about?
>> - Read the documentation included (README, INSTALL,
>> config.ini.sample)
> first
>
>> Ruud Klaver
>> AG Projects

If you are using Debian, you can install the mediaproxy-relay package
from our repository on the other machine. If you are installing from
sources, just install the whole thing. As the relay on your proxy
machine is already reading the Relay section of the config, you could
just copy the config to the new machine. Make sure you set the
"dispatchers" option to the correct value. For the dispatcher you
don't need to modify anything, the relay finds the dispatcher and
connects to it.

With regards to the certificates, if it is a closed environment you
could use the sample certificates, testing is what they are for. Of
course, if you are running a production platform you should replace
these with your own certificates. If you don't, other people could use
the sample certificates to setup their own relay that connects to your
dispatcher and "steal your calls".

Good luck.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects