[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] SIPtrace behaviour

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jan 27 13:13:57 CET 2009

Hi,

While doing some work on the siptrace module I remembered some pending
issues in regards to sip tracing:

1) tracing the stateless ACKs - right now, all the stateless ACK (in
response to stateless replies) are traced ; this happens because you do
not get any access to the ACK (from script), so you cannot set the trace
flag, and also because it is stateless, so you cannot keep any state to
remember (at ACK time) if the ACK should or not be traced.

This current behaviour is quite annoying because your siptrace DB will
be actually flooded with ACKs, even is you do not mark no message for
tracing...Personally I do disable from the code the stateless ACK
tracing in order to get access to only relevant data.

So, the questions are:
    1) any suggestions about how we can do selective tracing on the
stateless ACKs (from sl module)
    2) should we disable it or at least make it configurable in the module?