[OpenSIPS-Users] New User - Trying to use variables instead of IP no's

Matti Zemack Matti.Zemack at rtcfactory.com
Thu Jan 22 11:04:02 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm new to Opensips and love the speed of the code. Even in the VmWare
dev server I'm running on my (ancient) desktop machine!

As a first attempt at my new job I thought I could try and rewrite the
config-scripts used at my company so that one script easily could be
used in both dev and all the different Live environments.

Basically I could change a variable early in the opensips.cfg, and this
would assign the correct IP's for me to be used later in the config.

But I suspect I'm using Opensips variables in the wrong way...

Example of original code:

                             rewritehostport("10.0.1.100:5060");

Which I try changing to:

                             $var(GateWay_5060)="10.0.1.100:5060";

                             rewritehostport("$var(GateWay_5060)");

(This gives me runtime error:  ERROR:tm:uri2proxy: bad host name in URI
<sip:$var(GateWay_5060)>)

Actually also tried rewritehostport($var(GateWay_5060));  which also
gives error: String expected...

So basically, I suppose I'm asking;

How can I cast variables in Opensips? Or should I do this some other,
smarter, way?

Thanks in advance,

Matti Zemack

Stockholm