[OpenSIPS-Users] BLF under OpenSIPS tutorial?

Zahid Mehmood zm23 at columbia.edu
Thu Jan 15 16:42:51 CET 2009

Yehavi you can run a packet capture on your presence server and then
start the phone.  This is the sequence of sip message you should see
if your phone and proxy/presence configuration is correct:

1.  REGISTER coming from the phone to the presence server  (may be
t_replicated from the proxy if proxy & presence are different hosts)
2.  Presence server sending a SUBSCRIBE for your phone
3.  Phone sending a NOTIFY to presence server
4   Phone sending a SUBSCRIBE for the AOR to presence
5. Presence server sending NOTIFY to the phone

If you see any message missing, find out the reason before moving on
to anything else.

I would suggest using only ONE phone for this  packet capture.  Make
sure you clean the presence db ( presence related tables) every time
you do this test.  Once you have this packet flow then try registering
the 2nd device.

The actual path for these sip messages may be different depending on
the use of record route on the proxy  and/or using  outboundproxy in
phone config.  No matter which path is taken, the presence server must
see these packets for BLA to work properly.

We are using a sip proxy that replicates the REGISTERS to the presence
server.  We Over 200 AOR configured for BLA with ~600 devices
registered.

Regards.

--
Zahid