[OpenSIPS-Users] WARNING:core:send2child: no free tcp receiver

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Jan 13 13:01:28 CET 2009

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Adrian Georgescu schrieb:
>
>> This is why we talk about new design. Exactly for this reason.
>>
>> Just disable TCP in the server configuration, no xSER variant can work
>> reliable with TCP today because of the blocking design.
>>

> FYI: ser 2.0 supports asynch TCP connection setup and sending - but I
> have not tried it yet

I looked into it and looks like huge hack. I mean the original design
(multi process) is not TCP and async friendly at all and any attempt in
this direction looks like placing a Ferrary engine on an old Trabant
(please take this as an analogy and not as an insult :) ). All the time
you need to make a compromise between moving TCP connections from proc
to proc or moving the data (to send) from proc to proc. All this huge
overhead can be very simple eliminate by a complete re-work of the core
itself - like the redesign we are trying to do.