[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy: problem with dns_check_interval

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Mon Jan 5 14:02:02 CET 2009

Hi,

On 22 Dec 2008, at 16:39, mmarzuola at interfree.it wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have installed the Mediaproxy-2.3.1 version.
> In the syslog I noticed that every 60 seconds, i.e. every time that
> there is the check in DNS if the SRV and A records for the
> dispatcher have changed, there are this message:
>
>> Dec 22 16:01:52 opensips-lab media-relay[2951]:
>> [twisted.names.dns.DNSDatagramProtocol (UDP)] Unhandled error in
>> Deferred:
>> Dec 22 16:01:52 opensips-lab media-relay[2951]:
>> [twisted.names.dns.DNSDatagramProtocol (UDP)] Traceback (most
>> recent call last):
>> Dec 22 16:01:52 opensips-lab media-relay[2951]:
>> [twisted.names.dns.DNSDatagramProtocol (UDP)]     Failure:
>> twisted.names.error.DNSServerError: <twisted.names.dns.Message
>> instance at 0x85872ec>
>
> What do this messages mean?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Marzuola Matteo

It means the relay encountered some DNS error while trying to lookup
the domain you specified in the config in order to find the
dispatcher. However, Mediaproxy doesn't seem to catch this and display
an error message describing it. It will be fixed in the next release,
thanks for the report.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects