[OpenSIPS-Users] IP check in FixContact (nat_traversal.c)

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Tue Feb 24 18:16:08 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
> 2009/2/24 Thomas Gelf <thomas at gelf.net>:
>
>> I had some trouble using fix_contact (from nat_traversal modul) with
>> clients using STUN behind symmetric NAT
>
> I can't understant. When a client performs the STUN test and discovers
> "symmetric NAT" it MUST NOT use STUN discovered data since it's not
> useful behind that kind of router.

You are right. In fact, I discovered that in this case it wasn't the
clients fault - it was a stupid ALG. But the problem remains the same,
and there are for sure stupid clients or other scenarios out there,
where correct IP and wrong port are going to be announced (outdated
STUN information, port changed on FW because of missing keep-alives,
whatever...).

Regards,
Thomas