[OpenSIPS-Users] question on droute module

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sun Feb 8 19:46:43 CET 2009

Hello Juan,

Juan Backson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions about using the droute model.  Has anyone tried
> to run the droute module with, let's say, > 1M routes?
I personally try with 500K of rules with no issue. Internally (by
design) there is no limitation of the number of rules and
gateways...only memory is a limit - so, I advice to see:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html#id227252

probably you need like 200M of mem for this, but depends of the
distribution of your prefixes (Btrees are used to internally keep the data)
>   Can opensips still scale with that large number of routes?
I would say yes, with no issue - just scale the shared memory
> It seems like the droute module loads all the routes in memory, does
> that mean any update to the route will require a restart of opensips?
no - use the MI command "DR_RELOAD" - this will trigger a reload of the
data from DB into memory:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/drouting.html#id272745