[OpenSIPS-Users] Logging selected users full SDP

Matti Zemack Matti.Zemack at rtcfactory.com
Tue Feb 3 09:30:35 CET 2009

Hi all,

More and more fascinated with what opensips can handle. Running SIPp to
see how many simultaneous users, and I'm amazed!

I'll try not to bother you all too much, but I wanted to test a scenario
with you as I'm still a newbie and want to dip my toes without the shark
eating me alive...

Some customers need more attention, and need more fault finding. I
thought of adding some sort of customer tracer to my OpenSIPS config.
Basically, IF a customer's-debug-flag is ON: all SIP messages except
REGISTER get recorded, both coming in to OpenSIPS and just before
leaving OpenSIPS.

1.       SDP enters OpenSIPS.

2.       Check if customer-debug-flag is set. (Probably a costly
avp_db_query operation, or can one easily save/load transaction flags
for each user?)

3.       If not a REGISTER write as much as possible from header to new
db table (what variable would this be?).

4.       Process request.

5.       Change all "exit();" to "route (42); exit();" in old config
file.

6.       Route [42] checks if customer-debug-flag is set and NOT
REGISTER. Write outgoing SIP header to new db table (what variable would
this be?)

7.       Exit().

Pretty much as using tcpdump on a selected user. I believe the solution
would be much more elegant if contained in OpenSIPS.

Is this just simply crazy idea? Has it been done before? Will it cost
too much in processing power? Should I instead do some clever selective
tcpdump?

Thanks in advance,

Matti Zemack

Stockholm