[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS with Asterisk

Saeed Akhtar saeedakhtar.484 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:35:26 CET 2009

general context of sip.conf is as following:

[general]

port = 5566

bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

dbname = <mysql db name>

dbhost = <mysql db host ip>

dbuser = <mysql db username>

dbpass = <mysql db password>

context = others

as here context is others so i add other context in extensions.ael as
following:

context others {

   2001 => {

           Dial(SIP/2001);

   }

}

Now I fwded opensips request to port 5566 but asterisk never listened it.
then i tried with 5060 port and asterisk respond to it and call was
established successfully. But I think it means that every request on 5060
will be fwded to others context and it will be unsecured. So can it be
possible to do something that opensips will first register to asterisk and
then asterisk only receive calls from registered opensips only?

Regards,

Saeed Akhtar