[OpenSIPS-Users] Reducing INVITE delay until UAC sees 180 RINGING

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Tue Dec 22 12:25:22 CET 2009

Hello Bogdan,

An mar., déc 22, 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
>First of all you should really try to see where the delay comes from:
>make a trace with time stamps and see if the delay is because of INVITE
>processing (time diff between inbound and outbound INVITE), because of
>the callee reply (time diff between outbound INVITE and inbound 180
>reply)...etc...

Yes that is my plan. There are just a few problems:

  - A tcpdump reveals no plaintext, as TLS is used
  * The sip_trace is not written because db_text only writes UDP
  Time stamps among all UACs and the OpenSIPS proxy must match

...so I'm trying to solve these things one by one before doing the
fine grained time delay analysis.

* Not sure why db_text is not writing files. A truss dump (with
OpenSIPS running unforked) shows that the table files are being
opened read only. I think this is normal because on startup their
table headers are read in. However, the truss dump never includes
another open (neither RO nor RW.) Still trying to debug this.

>Once we find the delay point, we can see why.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brian