[OpenSIPS-Users] Reducing INVITE delay until UAC sees 180 RINGING

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Fri Dec 18 14:39:29 CET 2009

Hello list,

An ven., déc 18, 2009, opensipslist at encambio.com schrieb:
>I'm assuming that a delay of 1 second is reachable through config
>tuning, and wondering as well what kind of result (in terms of delay
>time) the maximum tuning yields. Already I've looked at things like:
>
>  disable_dns_blacklist
>  disable_dns_failover
>
>...because DNS resolutions is a logical place to start reducing.
>
>Any ideas? Is there documentation about this?

The OpenSIPS documentation is excellent of course, but sadly lacking
information about such core parameters as those above and 'rev_dns'
relating to when and how often they effect performance. For example,
does 'rev_dns = yes' mean that a reverse lookup takes place once at
startup, every time the route script is entered, once a new
transaction begins, dialog...

There are a lot of parameters where it's not clear when and how
often they effect performance, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Brian